CINNAMON ROLLS WITH FROSTING
Give Sweet to Life
4 1/2 tsp active yeast(dissolve in 1cup lukewarm water
6 tbsp shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups hot water
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp salt
7 cups all purpose flour (or up to 10 cups especially when the dough still sticky)
Cinnamon( there is no measurement of butter brown sugar & cinnamon). Up to you how much sugar and cinnamon do you want to sprinkle in your dough)
4 tbsp softened unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add yeast to cup of lukewarm water, add a little amount of sugar. Set aside for 5-6 minutes
2. In a bowl of stand mixer, add shortening, sugar and salt to hot water and beat for 30 seconds using the beater blade. Let cool to lukewarm water temperature. Stir 2 cups of flour, mix until smooth. And yeast mixture, mixt until well combined. Mix in the beaten eggs.
3. Gradually stir the remaining flour and mix with the dough hook for about 2 minutes. Remove dough from the bowl and place on lightly floured counter. Knead by hand, add little flour if the dough still sticky. Keep going until the dough is smooth.
4. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and let it rise for about 30 minutes or if the it is doubled the size. Remove from the bowl, divide it in half and use rolling pin to roll the dough in a retangular shape. Spread dough evenly with softened butter, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon. You can sprinkle sugar depends on the amount you desire so as cinnamon.
5. Roll up dough into one long roll and cut it in two inches thick.
6. Let the rolls rise in double bulk. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes and reduce heat to 350 for 7 minutes or until brown only.
7. Make the frosting, in a medium bowl whisk the powdered sugar, softened butter, milk and vanilla.
8. Let the rolls cool down then frost generously.