If you’d like to try this easy bake cinnamon rolls, this recipe is for you. We have seen a lot of videos about it but my version is quite easy because no more hassle for frosting preparation.
4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. baking power
1 tsp. kosher salt, fine
1 cup milk, warm
1/4 cup warm water
4 tbsp. shortening
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Dissolve the active dry yeast in a prepared warm water, put a pinch of sugar and stir in, set aside for 10 minutes or until foamy and bubbly.
- When the yeast is already activated and ready, pour in the middle mixture of dry ingredients and add in the egg and shortening.
- Using dough hook attachment, beat for 3 minutes to combine the ingredients and gradually add the milk
- In a clean flat surface, use your hand to knead the dough until smooth and fine.
- Transfer the formed dough ball in a greased bowl, cover with cling wrap or clean damp cloth.
- Place in a warm place and let it rise for about an hour or so.
- Divide the dough in two section.
- Use rolling pin to roll down in a rectangular shape
- Spread out the sugar as much as you can and the cinnamon powder.
- Roll your dough from your edge to opposite side, and to lock, pinch it.
- Use knife to cut them out, at least half inch.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a greased baking dish or baking pan tray.
- Cover again with cloth or cling wrap and let is rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven, baked at 425 degrees for 10 minutes and lower the heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 7 minutes.
- Repeat the same process for the other half of the dough.